Monday, November 9, 2009

The Weekend

This weekend was moderately busy for us. We did our grocery shopping for 2 weeks at Wal-Mart and Dillons Friday night. While we were in Wal-Mart Elliott picked out a pair of newborn shoes that says "Dad's team" on the side, he wanted to get them to hang on his rear view mirror and then be first shoes on our son or daughter. After spending over $150 and 2 hours later we came home put all the food away and picked-up the living room. Tiger was glued to the front door meowing at the neighbor's cat that frequently comes over and sits on our front step and talks with Tiger.
Saturday we got up and we had several things to take to the garage that I'd gone through on Friday. Elliott also wanted to work on our Kelliott website and I vacuumed out our cars. Who knew we'd have perfect weather in November?!? Anywho, after I was finished I put the shop vac away and played Guitar Hero in our garage/Elliott's man cave. My Dad and Chris came over at around 5pm and they'd gotten us our very first installment of baby items. They'd found some really awesome Kansas City Chiefs items: A Chiefs onesie with a bib and sweatpants, 6-pack of red washcloths with the KC arrowhead logo on them and they also found a really soft teddy bear in a chiefs jersey that came with a fleece blanket. Dad and Chris also got the kiddo it's first bib overalls, it's a redneck/Ozark hillbilly thing, and a red onesie that says I heart my mommy. Dad and Christ treated us to dinner at The Rack in Great Bend and before they left to head back to Lindsborg, to pick-up Chris' grandson Scott. We showed them the "Man Cave." Ell and I relaxed in front of the TV for a while, watching stuff on our DVR from earlier this week, before heading to bed.
Sunday morning we awoke to the sound of Tiger scratching and meowing quite loudly at our bedroom door at 6:30! After an hour of laziness and smacking the snooze alarm every 9 minutes we got around and took showers and prepared to go meet the family at the Cafe in Sterling. Elliott and I arrived at the cafe around 9:30 and everyone was already there: Papa Klein, Grandma (Granny Goose), Dad, Chris, Greg (Uncle Bubba), Aunt Kristi, Rob-bob (my brother Robert), Lindsey (my cousin), Tuffy (My cousin Christopher), and Scott. Elliott, myself and our soon addition were the subject of several conversations over breakfast. Greg and Kristi had saved my cousin's crib and offered it to us to have, which I greatly appreciated, that's one less thing to buy. Chris and Kristi also decided to throw Elliott and I a baby shower, so that we won't have to buy everything.
After breakfast we met Dad and Chris down at the lake where they had stayed the night before in their camper. They took off after packing up and letting their 2 dogs, Jack and Scruffy, get some exercise. So around 1:30 we stopped by Mom and Frank's to find mom on a crusade to redo the main bathroom and Frank watching the Chiefs game. "Action" Jackson and Sambo "Rambo", mom and Frank's dogs, were delighted as always that we'd come over. We accompanied my mom to Hutch on her quest for new towels, flowers and a shower curtain. She found towels at Wal-Mart, called my Aunt Charlotte to put together a floral arrangement, and gave up on finding the right shower curtain after going through most of the stores in the mall. Elliott and I ate a late lunch in the mall and went shoe shopping for Elliott. After trying on a few pairs in Famous Footwear Ell found a pair he liked that was marked down $20 (Bonus!).
After coming back to Sterling and chatting for a few Elliott and I decided to journey home before it got too late and the dear were out running amuck. Sunday night football was on and we made dinner and watched the football game. Through out the evening Elliott kept making comments on how his head kept feeling worse and worse and how his stomach might have turned on him, but he took some NyQuil and we went to bed around 11:30. This morning when I got up I was surprised to find Elliott laying on the couch in TV room. He's got a head cold and his sense of balance is gone, so he's home resting today. I'm going to go warm him up some Chicken and Noodle soup and continue on the laundry I started before I sat down to write this. I'm also going to put Tiger in timeout, because he keeps tearing around the house destroying stuff.

Elliott and I loosely made up a registy on Wal-Mart.com. 99% of the items we like are avalible to be sent to the store of your choice with FREE shipping through "Site to Store" (it's in the back of the store, what used to be layaway) he's our link: https://www.walmart.com/giftregistry/gr_detail.do?registry_id=80513069098

No comments:

Post a Comment