Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving on the run

This year thanksgiving went by really fast. It could've been because we had to rush from place to place or that we've just lost the concept of a minute; whatever the case maybe I've got to make this short because Elliott and I need to leave for Springfield, MO soon.
The day started off a little sluggish and I got up and took a shower and let Elliott rest a little more, because I knew once we got going there wouldn't be much rest for him. He's doing much, much better from the last time I wrote in here. He still has the occasional coughing fit, but they aren't as bad or a frequent as they have been. He stopped running a fever on Wednesday, and the wheezing isn't really there anymore, only during a really bad coughing fit. After Ell got around, we headed down to Hutch to have lunch at the Swain's (Grandma and Grandpa Swain's), and Ell's parent's, Ell's aunt, uncle, cousin, youngest brother, and Kansas (he's a foster brother) were all there. We arrived a little later than planned because we had to drop a few things off at my mom's and when we stopped at mom and Frank's Ell noticed that one of our tires was really, really low, so we went to Corwin's Corner in Sterling and aired it back up.
Before and after lunch I caught what I could of the Packers vs Lions game; before realizing we were late for heading to my mom's to help her out.
Around 3:45 we got to mom's and mom was freaking a little, but my Aunt Charlotte was a god send, she'd arrived a little before us and was in the kitchen making the stuffing. Jim, Charlotte's husband was in the living room talking with Frank and Frank's daughter Kathy, her husband; their 2 boys were upstairs with Bob. Ell and I got the folding table and chairs out of the trunk and helped set the table, cook, and all sorts of stuff so everything would be ready for dinner around 5ish. A little before dinner everyone else showed up, my Grandparents, Charlotte's 2 boys, Frank's other daughter Kelly and her family, and I'm not sure who all else was there, but it was packed.
We ate and celebrated my cousin Spencer's 18th birthday that was yesterday as well. A couple of after dinner after helping aunt Charlotte and Jim clean up (mom was fried) I recruited Rob-Bob and Spence to take the folding table and chairs to the car and after saying goodbyes Ell and I headed home.
We stopped in Great Bend to pick up a few things at Wal-Mart and it was clean! There was nothing in the aisles and everything was neat on the shelves and in it's place, we know it's all for Black Friday stuff, but it's a modern miracle if you've ever been to the Great Bend Wal-Mart. We came back checked over Rhonda (My car) to make sure she'd be ready to go today, we're taking her to MO because the brake pads on Ell's car are completely worn down and desperately needs an oil change. So we topped off a few of her fluids and I'm pretty confident she's ready to go (the other good thing about my car was the last time we went to see my dad we took her and she got 38mpg). We came inside packed up a few things and I ran a load of laundry. then we played with the cat and watched Mythbusters for a bit before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment