Monday, November 23, 2009

Not much excitement

You know when you're married, because you do the same thing every week. You go to the same places, you watch the same shows on TV, and you have the same routine for different things at the house and it just gets super boring. That's all that's happened these past few days; with the exception of Sunday really.
Friday, I did busy work around the house and played with Tiger. Ell came home, we watched TV for a few before going to get our biweekly groceries at Wal-Mart and Dillons, and we ate at Subway, just like always. We came home, and put the groceries away while the cat plyed with the plastic bags, this is quite humorous. then we sat around watched TV, mostly stuff backed up on the DVR and went to bed around midnight.
Saturday we slept in till 11-ish, and did pretty much nothing for a few hours, like always. Then I made and baked Oatmeal Raisin cookies to take to mom's on Sunday and Elliott went through stuff in the garage and drug out the christmas lights. He put the lights on the house while I put the clips on the strands to speed up the process. After an hour or so our job was complete and I came inside and made Spagetti. After supper we watched TV, played the Wii and played with the kitty, until a little after midnight and then we headed to bed. Ell slept on the air mattress in the living room, because he feared he was getting sick again and didn't want to get me sick again.
Sunday I got up around 10:30 took a shower played with Tiger and I let Elliott sleep until a quarter after Noon. Then I woke him up and had him shower before we ate and watched part of the Chiefs vs Steelers game. We left the house a little before 3pm right after the Chiefs tied the game up at 24 all. We went down to Sterling to spend the day with my mom, she turned 45 yesterday. Apperantly I'm the good one because other than Frank, I was the only one to remember it was mom's birthday, Robert blew it off and Nanny (my mom's mom) completely forgot about it. But seeing as she's in her 80's and has pnemonia we let her off the hook. Soon after we showed up, Rob-Bob (my brother) went to work at Dillons and mom, Frank, Ell and I watched UP. Then I helped mom make Chili for supper and we watched Wall-E. Not long after dinner, and after Bob came home from work, Ell and I headed home. The trip home lasted about 20 minutes longer because there was incredibly dense fog from Lyons through Ellinwood and Great Bend. Hoisington wasn't any better. We turned off Highway 281 onto our street, by the high school (which is 3 blocks from our house), and we couldn't even see a half a block in front of us. After coming home we watch a little more TV before going to bed. Elliott was still not feeling well and I'd developed, through the course of the day, some major back pain. Elliott was nice enough to give me a back rub before going to sleep on the air mattress again.
This morning we both got up an around at the usual 7am to discover Elliott's cough had gotten worse and he was running a fever, and my back pain was back with a headache. So we both went back to bed for a while and now I'm in the TV room on the computer typing this and Elliott is all wrapped up in the living room resting and watching South Park on the laptop, using Netflix instant or whatever. His fever came down a little while ago, but we're both gonna take it easy for today, and hope tomorrow is better.
Oh also, my brother Robert did not have the Swine Flu, he just had the seasonal flu and he's better, hence the fact that he want to work yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment