Monday, November 16, 2009

Not our day

This weekend was relatively uneventful, however Sunday was semi-interesting. I should warn you this might be a little weird, because I'm attempting to type on the laptop and Tiger is being a cuddle hog and is laying on my chest/stomach.
Saturday was a really lazy day we didn't do much of anything except play with Tiger, watch TV and relax. in the later half of Saturday night I knew I was getting increasingly congested and I had increasing pressure in my head/sinuses. We went to bed around midnight after I took Sutafed and DayQuil (I'm not allowed to take NyQuil because it has alcohol in it).
Sunday I awoke with the cold of death and a slightly elevated temp, which was quickly brought back to normal with Tylenol. Elliott in his running around the house getting me medicine to take and orange juice; he spun around too quickly in the bedroom doorway became dizzy and fell over, whacking his knee on the way down. After both of us rested our aching bodies watching football for several hours, Ell kept tabs on the approaching winter storm and remembered that the snow shovel was broken. We bundled up and headed to Wal-Mart. Ell's knee had regained it's ability to support his weight and I felt immensely better. We picked up a 20" shovel and approx 50lb bag of ice melt, because I checked in the garage and we had less than a pound left.
After leaving Wal-Mart, we went to KFC, Elliott has been craving fried chicken and biscuits for sometime now. We ate and people watched for around 45 minutes. After eating we walked outside to find sleet falling from the sky, but it was light enough and not cold enough that it melted on the ground. We got in the car and Elliott hacked up some mucus and kept the door oppen to spit it out into the parking lot. He then shut the door put his keys in hte ignition, and then opened the door to do it again, or so I thought. He shut the door and informed me he threw up a little. After being slightly grossed out and worried about him doing it again, he assured me that he was fine and that it was just super weird. We then carefully drove home and I immediately checked the score of the Cowboys vs Green Bay game that was on earlier. Elliott said he would put the shovel away and put out a little bit of rock salt to ensure that he wouldn't have any problems getting to his car in the morning for work. After a few he came in complaining of severe back pain and informed me that he'd messed up his lower back cause he lifted the 50lb bag of salt incorrectly and that he was now paying the price.
We got the heating pad set on his lower back and I called my mom to give her crap about her precious Cowboys losing (Evil chuckle). After Ell and I watched the Patriots lose to the Colts (Evil chuckle) we watched a few shows on TV before heading to bed around midnight. Sleep was still a few hours away for both of us. My runny nose kicked into high gear and Elliott was extremely uncomfortable so we ended up watching Cheaper by the Dozen on TBS in the bedroom. Around 2 something in the morning I blew my nose only to pull the Kleenex away stained blood red and my nose was still dripping blood. After 10 more tissues and 2 different ways of holding my head/nose I got it under control/stopped. I'm not sure how long it was after that, when Elliott and I finally fell asleep but I woke up at around 6 am to Saved by the Bell on the TV, Tiger whining at the door and my nose running. Ell's alarms went off 30 minutes later and I helped him get up and round for work before taking more medicine because once again I felt like crap. Elliott left for work and I went back to bed.
I got up after sleeping for a few hours and Elliott informed me he took off from work for a little while to go to the Chiropractor, to get his back taken care of. Sunday was not our day; and I've got a chapped nose and Elliott has a bad back to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment